This article will show you how to withdraw money from bank to mpesa in case of an emergency or other reasons.
In fact, many of the banks operating in Kenya either have an MPESA paybill or an USSD code to allow you to conveniently withdraw your money from bank to mpesa 24/7.
For the few that lack either, you use the app to withdraw money from bank to mpesa.
All you have to do is register for your bank’s Mobile banking facility to enjoy this convenient service.
How to withdraw money from bank to mpesa
As I hinted, you conduct bank to mpesa transfers Via the USSD code for your Bank.
I have listed the Mobile banking USSD codes for various banks after the steps so you don’t need to call your bank.
- Just dial your banks USSD number then follow the instructions given on your screen.
- Suffice to say that the steps vary from bank to bank but they are straightforward so just follow the easy prompts to complete the withdrawal to your mpesa wallet.
Kenyan banks USSD number
- KCB Bank –Dial *522#
- Commercial Bank of Africa -Dial *654#
- Co-operative Bank -Dial *667#
- Standard Chartered Bank -Dial *722#
- Barclays Bank K LTD -Dial *224#
- NIC Bank Limited -Dial *488#
- Family Bank Ltd -Dial *325#
- CFC Stanbic -Dial *208#
- Equity Bank –Dial *247#
- National Bank -Dial *625#
- Chase Bank -Dial * 275#
- I & M Bank Limited –Dial * 458#
- Diamond Trust Bank (DTB) -Dial *385#
- Ecobank –Dial *335#
- Jamii Bora Bank -Dial *344#
- IMPERIAL BANK LTD -Dial *356#
- Credit Bank -Dial *699#
- Consolidated Bank LTD –Dial *262#
- Equatorial Commercial Bank –Dial *286#
- K-REP BANK -Dial *527#
- Transnational Bank -Dial *862#
- Post Office Savings Bank -Dial *498#
- Gulf African Bank -Dial *399#
- Housing Finance Company Ltd -Dial *231#
- Bank of Africa (BOA) -Dial *987#
- UBA Bank –Dial *368#
- Guardian Bank –Dial *356#
- KWFTDTM -Dial *378#
- SMEP DTM -Dial *741#
- Musoni –Dial *279#
- Vision Fund Kenya –Dial *985#
- Rafiki DTM -Dial *366#
- Sumac MicroFinance Bank -Dial *882#